Compact True-RMS meter for electrical troubleshooting
The Fluke 110 is a versatile multimeter for accurately measuring voltage, continuity, resistance and more.
Features and Benefits
• True-RMS ac voltage for accurate measurements on non-linear signals
• Resistance and continuity
• Large white LED backlight to work in poorly lit areas
• Min/Max/Average to record signal fluctuations
• Manual and automatic ranging
• Safety rated CAT III 600 V
• Compact size for easy one-handed operation
True-RMS (Root Mean Square) meter is widely preferred because it is the only one that can accurately measure both sinusoidal and nonsinusoidal AC waveforms.
Sinusoidal (sine) waves: Pure, without distortion, with symmetrical transitions between peaks and valleys. Non-sinusoidal waves: Waves with distorted, irregular patterns—spikes, pulse trains, squares, sawtooth and any angular waves.
Waveforms can be distorted by nonlinear loads such as variable speed drives or computers. An average responding meter attempting to measure distorted waves can provide up to 40% lower or 10% higher in its calculations. A True-RMS meter will give you a more accurate measure for these waveforms.