Smart Industrial Ethernet Switch
Machine builders and automation engineers are expecting to find an easy way to monitor both control systems and network status from their SCADA/HMI, so that they can react in time to minimise the downtime of the entire system. In addition, the most common concern related to deploying managed switches is operational complexity, including both setup and subsequent management.
Moxa’s super-slim SDS-3000 Series industrial smart switches are designed to meet these challenges. With their simplified protocol configuration, flexible mounting design, easy-to-use interface, and slim form factor, the SDS-3000 Series industrial smart switches are the perfect fit for control cabinets in any smart manufacturing application.
Common Challenges for Ethernet Switch Deployment
For applications that require only basic monitoring and control functions, it’s not economical for engineers to choose expensive managed switches, which often support too many unneeded functions.
Engineers work with different types of control cabinets, and each one has space or installation limitations.
IT-oriented user interfaces, which are often very complicated and come with a steep learning curve for IA engineers, make it harder to update configurations and handle basic troubleshooting tasks.
3 industrial protocols supported and one-click setup to prep your switch for management from SCADA/HMIs.
2 installation options, including DIN-rail and rack-mounting to fit into almost any type of industrial cabinet.
1 page configuration dashboard makes it extremely easy to configure and deploy your switch and the UI supports six different languages.
SDS-3008/3016 Series, 8/16-port Smart Switches
- SDS-3016: 14+2G-port Gigabit Ethernet switches
SDS-3008: 8-port Ethernet switches
- Three industrial protocols supported including EtherNet/IP, PROFINET, and Modbus/TCP
- Two installation methods with DIN-rail and rack-mounting options
- One-page dashboard GUI for easy configuration and port diagnostics reports
- One-step configuration to enable seamless SCADA/HMI/NMS integration
- Ultra-compact design that fits into almost any control cabinet
- Supports RSTP/STP/MRP (Client) network redundancy
- Rotary DIP switch to perform profile-based settings (SDS-3016 only)